questions about libraries updates
I have a multisite install where I have installed and network activated the H5P plugin.
Then, I have created several sites and I have been able to use H5P Activities on each of these sites, and it worked well.
I have understood that I needed to upload the H5P Libraries Activities on each site to do so, but it is not a problem. It makes sense to have different sites using different Activities, and the upload process is very straightforward.
More specifically, on the Admin H5P Libraries page, there are multiple options:
- Content Type Cache
- Upload Libraries
- Installed libraries, with different icons for each library
And in the H5P Hub, some Activities may have "update available", and when you choose such an Activity, there is an "update" button.
- What is the Content Type Cache and what is the difference with the Libraries
- In the Upload Libraries section there is a checkbox "Only update existing libraries". When I check it and click the "Upload" button, I get an error notice "no file was uploaded". There is nothing in PHP error log. Is this normal to get this error notice? What does it mean? All my libraries are up to date? I don't think so, since in the same time, in the H5P Hub, I have some Activities with "update available". Do I need specific WordPress permissions to use this function?
- In the Installed libraries section, there are 3 icons for some libraries, and the one of the left, with an "up arrow", is always disabled. Why, and what action would be performed if it was enabled?
- Updating an Activity from the H5P Hub seems to work fine. Is it the same process as updating the libraries from the Upload Libraries section in the Admin Page?
- If I have created contents with an Activity Library, and this library benefits from a major upgrade, what is the impact on existing contents? Can I upgrade the contents to take advantage of the latest library version?
I have one last question and it is related to both the H5P upgrade process and the integration of the French translations we provided weeks ago.
My understanding was that these translations where included in H5P 1.10.3, but although I have updated H5P plugin and activities, I still have some translations missing.
For instance, in the Course Presentation Activity, some strings are no up to date (see attached screen copies). Is this normal? Some Activities may not have been updated yet? Please advise.