Questions about H5P / Moodle and impact of updates etc...
I have installed and been using the H5P Moodle plugin in a test environment, it looks good and thanks for all your hard work.
If we deploy H5P in our live environment we're then somewhat bound to maintain it and ensure it works (for at least the academic year) as such I'm keen to assess how stable it is and what support is available when/if issues do arise?
Can clarify a few points:
1) How often are individual libraries (im thinking question types) updated? Im trying to assess how stable they are, how often bugs are found, how often updates are sent on individual libraries?
Also how often is the plugin itself updated i.e does each new release listed here: https://github.com/h5p/h5p-moodle-plugin/releases consitiute a new plugin upgrade??
2) I saw the "Both Drupal and Wordpress supports uploading h5p files without creating new H5P Content." does that imply that isnt possible at the moment with Moodle plugin?
3) Seems there was an issue whereby H5P content was not available to guests on a Moodle course due to a premissions issue (https://github.com/h5p/h5p-moodle-plugin/issues/106), has that been resolved?
4) If a tutor creates content using various H5P libraries (e.g. question types) and a bug is found in one type and the question type is updated, is it guaranteed to be backwards compatible or could the update prevent all content/quizzes which use that question type working?
5) Does the Moodle H5P plugin auto update? I see the "External Communition" option in settings which says "Disabling this option will prevent your site from fetching the newest H5P updates. " which implies it would auto update?
6) Are all the H5P libraries created by H5P and so Quality Assured in a sense? Are third parties likely to be creating libraries in the future?
7) In the moodle plugin H5P Settings I can see the list of libraries and on the right there is an "actions" column but no clickable actions, when I compare with WP implementation this has far more options here?
Any assistance much appreciated,