Mpeg-Dash for H5p
I have been trying to make H5p-Video work for Mpeg-Dash. These are the steps I tried:
1. I cloned https://github.com/h5p/h5p-video
2. I added videojs.js from https://github.com/nadavkav/h5p-video/blob/videojs/scripts/video.js to the cloned file and also added it in the library.json. Accroding to this github page, this is the videoJS player which should work for dash format.
3. I used H5p cli to make a .h5p file out of the workign dir (attached).
4. I ran my moodle from Docker. I also installed h5p there in moodle/mod with
git clone -b master https://github.com/h5p/h5p-moodle-plugin.git hvp && cd hvp && git submodule update --init
5. So, now I have mod_hvp and mod_hvpactivity in my moodle. In both of them's settings, I uploaded the .h5p file.
6. I try Interactive Video with a dash file stored in localhost. That is, I give its link. I also check in 'Inspect Element' that the videojs.js is getting called along with video.js, vimeo.js, youtube.js, etc.
7. However, when I try to Add Interactions in the next step, I see that it shows that the 'Video Format is not Supported'
Can anyone help me out here?
Thu, 02/02/2023 - 18:02
Hey everyone!PLEASE DO NOT
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD THAT FILE AS AN ADMIN. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF H5P.VIDEO YET, YOU ARE GOING TO INSTALL THIS PATCHED VERSION INSTEAD OF THE OFFICIAL ONE.
@BV, please remove the file.
@zakwolf There's an article that explains why linking to media may fail at https://snordian.de/2023/01/09/i-am-giving-h5p-a-link-to-some-media-file-but-it-doesnt-work-why/
Thu, 02/02/2023 - 18:23
Is there any way we can
Is there any way we can customize h5p video player to make it work for dash format? Check my previosu comment on what I have tried so far.
Thu, 02/02/2023 - 18:29
is there any way we can add
is there any way we can add videoJS to run mpeg-dash? Check what I have done so far in my previous comment.
Thu, 02/02/2023 - 18:36
Sure, but you will either
Sure, but you will either need to write a custom editor widget/custom video libary or patch the core of H5P on your platform as well so it does also allow other link schemas.
Or you could make your changes part of the official H5P (core) code. The H5P core team will need to agree with thar, nothing that I could do here.