Interactive Video Improvements, the new questionnaire content type and more
Table of Contents
Interactive Video improvements
Wouldn't it be cool to tailor the video experience for users? With the latest improvements to Interactive Video H5P authors may create many new video experiences for their users. See one example below:
And did you know that the iPhone finally also supports HTML5 video now? Your H5P interactive videos will be available for iPhone users as long as they have the latest version of iOS (iOS 10) and you use an updated version of Interactive Video.
Full list of improvements:
New content type: Questionnaire
Many community members have asked for the ability to add open ended questions to Interactive Videos and in other contexts. With the new questionnaire content type this and more is possible.
Questionnaire makes the user's answers available via xAPI. This means that website owners may store the answers in many different ways. Answers may be stored in an LRS, the sites own custom storage or a script may for instance fetch the e-mail address and use it to send the user an e-mail. On H5P.org answers are stored in Google Analytics.
- Swapped icons for Multiple Choice and Single Choice Set in the Course Presentation and Interactive Video authoring tools (pull requests by otacke)
- Multiple choice: Add hanging indent to answer text (pull request by otacke)
- The Interactive Video, Course Presentation and Drag Question authoring tools now support using the delete button for deleting elements.
- Interactive Video: Images in popup does not fit anymore
- Interactive Video: Video paused - interaction not shown (YouTube only)
- Bugfix core: Select can't be optional
- Bugfix: Interaction settings and texts initially missing in Interactive Video and Course Presentation
- Drag question: fix for background opacity bug (pull request by francisfueconcillo)
Click to reveal more details:
- Learn about the planned features for the next release and more
- If you haven't got the updates automatically, get them here
Mon, 10/10/2016 - 17:22
are the updates can be seen also using moodle plugin?
also- as for the Playback rate- it can be changed both on youtube and direct upload videos?
thanks and great news :)
Tue, 10/11/2016 - 10:16
Yes! But you must install the
Yes! But you must install the updates through the H5P Libraries page, which can be found at /mod/hvp/library_list.php
Wed, 10/12/2016 - 01:46
When you say "videos and
When you say "videos and other contexts", can an open ended question be used as part of a course presentation or other quiz-like thing that isn't attached to a specific piece of media?
Wed, 10/12/2016 - 09:46
I guess that it could, but
I guess that it could, but not right out of the box.