Creating an H5P-powered custom web application
We are planning to develop an open-source quiz system using H5P.
We have some queries regarding this to get started:
W are planning to use H5P to serve quiz content (of various types) from our backend to a student on browser (based on the current logged-in user's choices).
- Rendering is not an issue, since based on user's perferences, we can just render/serve the H5P components via embeddable links
- But how do we get the responses like answers back? Is there an API?
- I saw an option for LTI endpoint. But I don't get what's the format, or if it's a web-hook or API, or how to configure its flow.
- Is there any open-source libraries that can consume/use the LTI endpoint? Because we will require to store the student responses on our own DB.
Basically, this is a simple high-level flow we're targeting:
1. Web App -> Authentication
2. Students selects a subject for quiz
3. Backend (H5P powered) provides the frontend with relevant questions (via embeddable links)
4. Send responses to backend for each question, where we will save the responses to our DB
Any pointers/suggestions is highly appreciable :)
Thanks for your time.
I came across xAPI, through which we can hook H5P's events and probably use that to fire requests to backend.
Is that the way to go?