My Today's GoLive and some recommendations
We went live with our (new Drupal) website today and all is fine so far.
Thanks to the H5P team for all their effort to provide such a nice and attractive html 5 e-learning platform!
Our own modifications:
- we only use the course presentation module and we did some major enhancements in cp.js
we included 2 buttons to enable certificate generation: after completing the test, the user will either see a "create certificate" button on the Score's overview list pop-up, if he passed the test successfully, if not, he will see a "Retry" button. The Retry button includes a page reset/refresh if clicked, so he can start over the test again with clean "empty" questions.
- The create certificate button includes the functionality to identify and hand over the name of the module and then routes to a regular drupal site where the user can fill out a form (i.e. contact details etc) and then a .pdf certificate will be created. The URL routing is designed the way that there is no possibility to call that URL directly :-)
- In addition, I added customs fonts to comply with CI requirements and styled the create certificate & retry buttons by using the included FontAwsome icons.
Feature requests and suggestions for the coursepresentation module and H5P module:
- as mentioned in a previous post: there should be a way to have a variable in the localization settings to determine the module title name flexible, the module name should be entirely linked with the contentId variable. We did that within the code now, but that is not really feasible, because if I add further modules or would like to change the course title of an existing module I always need to manipulate the code manually.
- Interactive video: pls fix the bugs & include the questions in the scores list (I already posted this here before).
- Desperately wanted: please enhance the editor options, the editor is very limited right now. Given the fact that Drupal can handle RTE AND HTML why not provide the option to choose if you want to use RTE or full html. This would solve a lot of styling problems and also would enable that I could add images in the text function to show in the pop-up, when you want to display text etc. as button...
- desperately wanted as well: please include a functionality to add a custom stylesheet. This should be included as an option and setting in the entire H5P module to allow overriding the standard styles. Currently this is very tricky with the different libraries, each with its own style sheet. And is a challenge each time the libraries are updated...!
- Include the options to disable the embed and the copyright buttons in the H5P module, like already posssible with the Download option Y/N.
- Also it would be great to have an enhanced option for positioning of objects. Currently, the range is always by a fixed iteration of 10 px.
- In the course presentation module it should be possible to deactivate the "show solutions" at all. Currently if you close the Score list pop-up, you will be redirected to the 1st slide of the test questions, showing all correct and wrong answers. This is not really nice, because the user now can go to the last slide, pressing show results and all correct and wrong answers will be displayed, even if he didn't answer any single question before!
And last but not least on my urgent wishlist: rather than delivering new features and options, please release a stable H5P module. This was announced for summer this year already. I really have and had a hard time to convince our dev team to have a beta version in a Live environment....
However, aside from these (non mission-critical) topics: thank you very much for the really great job!!