iPad/iOS 13 touch bug
I'm experiencing issues with buttons that open overlays in the H5P presentation content type. It seems like these buttons work just fine on any browser and device, except for newer iPads with iPadOS13 installed.
I will be adding more details below, but I think this might be related to the fact that Apple is rolling out iPad keyboards with trackpads, having the iPads acting as Macs. But it might just be my theory. Investigating online, I found out that it's an issue encoutered by many. I tried some troubleshooting as well and it seems like it's reading the touch but for some reason the popup never appears. No JS error nor PHP errors are thrown. If I look into the codebase the class that should be triggered, it points to the h5p module files.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (exactly how and when did it happen)
Open the course as on every device/browser and start the presentation
- Platform and version number. E.g. Drupal, Wordpress, Moodle.
Drupal 8 with Opigno
- Mobile or Desktop
Mobile - iPadOS13
- Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc
Any browser as long as it's on iPadOS13
- H5P plugin version
- H5P content type and version (if a content type was used), and a sample URL or attached H5P.
H5P Presentation - Default Title displayed as button - both types (small and big)
- Any browser console errors
- Any PHP errors
- Screenshots if it's a visual problem
- Any recent changes to the environment (new plugins/modules, updates, configuration changes etc.)
No changes to the environment, some theming only. In the specific I updated the background image of the element's :before pseudo. This didn't affect the functionality in any other instances, just on iPadOS13.
- Any recent changes to the browser you're using (new extensions, updates etc.)
If anyone need further details let me know, I can look up the code base and let you know. I can't put any URL at the moment nor screenshots unless I check with the client. I noticed though that the issue seems the same on the opigno demo we have been given to test Opigno's functionality. But the issue seem coming from the H5P package there too.