Several requests & comments regarding H5P on Moodle
While working with H5P for Moodle for the last 6 months adn creating lots of content, I wrote some comments that I thought are worth sharing, mostly about the 'Interactive Video' and 'Course Presentation' tools. Some of these comments can be classified as requests and others as necessary fixes. Before I start, a few technical details:
I'm working on H5P for Moodle running Windows and Chrome on a desktop (as most of my content consumers, either running Windows & Chrome or iOS and Safari).
Comments about 'Course Presentation':
- Priority: When I add questions (singles choice, multiple choice and others) I usually "strech" the question window ('poster') to fill the entire screen. But when a user watches the video, and especially in full screen mode, the question window is much smaller usually placed in the top left corner of the screen. Usually it looks bad and crops some of the answers...
- Priority: In 'course presentation' there are no speed controls like in 'interactive video', and there's no option for text tracks (subtitles, captions etc).
- Priority: In 'single choice' questions, there is no option for scrolling down in the question window like in 'multiple choice', so long answers are cropped.
- Editing windows are "popups within popups" that are getting smaller the deeper you go... For example, editing a 'drag and drop' inside an 'interaction video' that is placed in one of the slides, makes the editing very difficult as the window is tiny and it's hard finding the correct "done" button (hope I explained myself well enough).
- Adding a 'video' (not 'interactive video') to one of the slides makes it possible for the users to download the video, even though the moodle checkbox 'download button' is unchecked. Adding the same video using the 'interactive video' (still in 'course presentation') component does not have that problem.
- Videos added to course presentations are not displayed on the entire screen but instead have black bars on the sides. This is caused, I believe, as a result of the bottom navigation bar (which is quite big) and player controls. Is it possible to have them drop down automatically when the video plays, and appear again when the cursor is moved, like on YouTube?
Other general comments:
- Whether its in an 'interactive video' or 'course presentation' containing videos, I would like to be able to create question sets made of different types of questions. For example: 'multiple choice' followed by a 'drag and drop text' followed by a 'single choice'. Right now If I want them in succession there has to be a one second interval between them in the video.
- It would be nice to have control over the shuffling of the answers in 'single choice set' and 'multiple choice' questions (to be able to turn it off).
- The summary task in both of the 'interactive video' and 'course presentation' is 'statements' only. I would like to intergrate 'single choice', 'multiple choice' and other kinds as well.
Looking forward to the next updates.