HI there, it seems to be a bug in Course Presentation. It seems to be impossible to revert Activate Active Surface Mode if applied once. Please do let me know if i am wrong
Fri, 07/01/2016 - 15:14
Hi, It is not a bug. When you activate it you get a message telling you that it cannot be undone :/
Wed, 07/12/2017 - 03:57
well now i have to make that entire thing from stcratch... the warning message was not a very effective warning. i mean i needed to turn it on because i had no description of what it did, so in order to see if it did what i wanted, i had to turn it on, it gave no indication that i would disable the keywords list which i depend on for navigation.
Thu, 07/13/2017 - 12:51
Well, it would have been sensible to first try it on a test presentation to see what happens when you turn it on.
You can still use "Go to slide" buttons, which can be useful for certain types of presentation.
Wed, 11/14/2018 - 18:39
i could undone this change, just follow these steps:
- Right click over check box and go to inspect element (the source code)
- delete the "disabled" from the checkbox line- unselect the checkbox- saveAfter that, you'll see the navigator bar again.Regards
Thu, 11/22/2018 - 04:32
Thank you for the suggestion. Although I wouldn't recommend this not unless you know what you are doing. Making changes like this can cause undesirable effects on the content.
Mon, 06/03/2019 - 08:36
Thanks for the fix Andres. It has just saved me a lot of time re-doing a resource that took me all day. :)
Fri, 03/27/2020 - 11:55
Tue, 11/17/2020 - 01:46
Is it a bug though that the summary screen is disabled? I am in the branching editor using course presentation and when you hit the activate surface button the summary screen is inaccessible. Is that intended behaviour?
Tue, 11/17/2020 - 18:03
It is by design. I once tried to use a workaround for this by creating a go to slide on the last slide to force it to go to the Summary Slide, this only leads to a blank slide.
Sun, 01/26/2020 - 18:10
Good afternoon! I accidentally pressed the button "Activate active surface mode". Help me fix the error, please.
Mon, 01/27/2020 - 18:11
As what Falcon mentioned above this cannot be disabled.
Wed, 08/12/2020 - 07:36
Following on from this discussion, we did these steps:
- delete the "disabled" from the checkbox line- unselect the checkboxHowever at this point.. DO NOT click Save....We had to click the "copy" button once we unchecked the box, then go out of the presentation altogether, Go back into it and use the "Paste and Replace" button to overwrite the old presentation with the new version. Finally got it to work!
Tue, 11/17/2020 - 02:18
Thanks Imps for letting us know this approach. It took me quite a while tomake it woprk because of this line
- delete the "disabled" from the checkbox line
I had no idea how to make that happen. For anyone else like me, this is the process
1. You need to expand the line that starts with <label class="H5peditor-label"..
2. Then you will see an line entry that says checkbox=disabled
3. That is the bit you have to delete, and then uncheck the box physically and follow the rest of Imps process.
Connect with H5P
H5P is a registered trademark of Joubel