How to Edit h5p file ?
I'm trying to edit h5p file to modify some lauguage file.
I am doing the following:
1. click the left bottom “Reuse” button and download as a "interactive-7-11.h5p" file
2. unzip h5p file
3. change nothing, just zip all files again to zip file, then change name .zip to .h5p
4. upload the new interactive-7-11.h5p failed ,and I am getting this error:
Validating h5p package failed.
- File "blob-1.0/" not allowed. Only files with the following extensions are allowed: json png jpg jpeg gif bmp tif tiff svg eot ttf woff woff2 otf webm mp4 ogg mp3 m4a wav txt pdf rtf doc docx xls xlsx ppt pptx odt ods odp xml csv diff patch swf md textile vtt webvtt js css.Get help
File "blob-1.0/scripts/" not allowed. Only files with the following extensions are allowed: json png jpg jpeg gif bmp tif tiff svg eot ttf woff woff2 otf webm mp4 ogg mp3 m4a wav txt pdf rtf doc docx xls xlsx ppt pptx odt ods odp xml csv diff patch swf md textile vtt webvtt js css.Get help
So I change to h5p-cli method :
5. I clone from github with command :
- git clone https://github.com/h5p/h5p-blanks.git
6. then I pack h5p-blanks with command :
- h5p pack -r h5p-blanks abc.h5p
but the packed file abc.h5p seems to have root directory "H5P.Blanks-1.12" in it , which is not correct.
and when I load the abc.h5p , I am getting this error:
- Validating h5p package failed.
A valid content folder is missing Get help
A valid main h5p.json file is missing Get help
I searched the forums , and I got something like :
but nothing help !
so how to modify a h5p file ?
Thanks in advance,
Sat, 11/14/2020 - 08:18
I had a similar problem when
I had a similar problem when trying to edit an h5p file. Unzipping the package and zipping it back won't work (anymore). What I did instead was I edited the content inside the package. Basically, I changed the extension from h5p to zip and open the zip file with 7-zip. Then I opened the file that I wanted to change. I saved changes. 7-zip asked if I wanted to save changes to the package, so I confirmed. Finally, I changed the zip extension back to h5p. I uploaded it to the H5P editor and it worked.
Hope it helps you and everyone looking for the answer for this issue.
Xacobo de Toro
Thu, 07/28/2022 - 02:25
Great! It worked to me
this method worked fantastic for me.
Sat, 11/14/2020 - 23:29
Hi!When you use the H5P cli
When you use the H5P cli tool, you're creating an H5P library file, not an H5P content file. Library files need to be uploaded on the H5P library settings page, not in the H5P Hub.