Documentation tool: extra HTML markup when "export text" is clicked on the Word doc
Submitted by yang1018 on Thu, 03/15/2018 - 15:29
When I "Export text," the Microsoft Word file shows extra HTML markup.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (exactly how and when did it happen): See it at https://h5p.org/node/186093. If you provide a response and click through, when you get to the end, and click on "Export text," the Word file that shows up has extra HTML market. I've attached a screenshot of the Word file.
- Platform and version number. E.g. Drupal, Wordpress, Moodle: n/a. I'm using the h5p.org account
- Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari: Firefox
- H5P plugin version
- H5P content type and version (if a content type was used), and a sample URL or attached H5P.
- Any browser console errors: no
- Any PHP errors: No
- Screenshots if it's a visual problem
Fri, 03/16/2018 - 09:23
Hi yang1018,I can see the
I can see the issue when I go through the content. However I am unable to reproduce the issue the issue creating my own content. Would you mind enabling the download option so that I can download and check the settings. There may be a specific set of settings that causes this.
Mon, 03/19/2018 - 14:56
I enabled the download button
I enabled the download button. Thanks!
Tue, 03/20/2018 - 08:13
Hi yang1018,Thank you for
Thank you for enabling the option. Here's what I found out on what I think is causing the issue.
My question would be did you copy/paste the text from another software like word or from an email perhaps?
Tue, 03/20/2018 - 20:28
Hello BV52,Yes, I did. But I
Yes, I did. But I made sure to clear the formatting by clicking on the Tx button. Does that usually do the trick or should I be making sure I'm typing out the answers? Thank you!
Wed, 03/21/2018 - 02:53
Hi yang1018,Afaik that should
Afaik that should take care of it, but as we both discovered it doesn't. I have filed a report regarding this and you can follow the progress here. In the mean time I suggest that you type them.
Fri, 03/30/2018 - 18:39
Hello BV52,I went into the
I went into the settings and re-clicked on each question to ensure there weren't weird span tags and such. I saved the file—even though technically, I didn't change anything at all. I saved my work and tried exporting the text, and the extra code disappeared! Thanks for you assistance!
Tue, 04/03/2018 - 02:26
Hi yang1018,Thanks for
Thanks for sharing this at least it's a lot better than typing everything :-)