Hotspot popup content: add audio
I am an ESL teacher using a picture dictionary as a textbook. The vocabulary words on the page are already labeled. I'd like students to be able to click on hotspots to hear their pronunciation.
Right now, since I can add a video but not audio to a hotspot popup, I have to do this through the following steps:
- Record my voice to an audio file and save it. (If I could add audio to a popup, I'd be done right here.)
- Import it into iMovie
- Search Google for an image of the word.
- Save the image to my computer.
- Import the image into iMove.
- Adjust the image to display for the same length of time as the the audio file.
- Export the movie to 540p because iMovie won't go any lower.
- Open Handbrake.
- Yada yada yada, export the video in mobile-friendly 240p with seriously degredated audio to save bandwidth.
- Upload the video to Moodle.
If I could select "audio" as a content item, it would save me a heck of a lot of time. Each page in the textbook has about 30 words. It adds up.