Is there any way to get audio files into H5P quizzes?
Submitted by khewss on Thu, 07/09/2020 - 05:07
I'm trying to figure out if there's anyway of using audio files as questions (or answers) in creating quizzes from the H5P options. Has anyone tried this before? For example, if I use the multiple choice option, can I attach an audio file as the question and provide the text as the MCQ answers? This, as well as the other way around where I provide a text question, and attach audio links as MCQ answers?
Are these possible at all?
My H5P details:
- I'm using the h5p plugin on my Moodle 3.8 on a hosted (VPS) Apache server.
- Am using a Laptop Macbook Pro when creating my h5p quizzes.
- Browser: Chrome
- H5P plugin version: 188.8.131.52
- H5P content type and version (if a content type was used), and a sample URL or attached H5P. - This was not used since it's a Moodle plugin.
- Any browser console errors - None
- Any PHP errors - None
- Screenshots if it's a visual problem - nothing to show only that the "dots" showing when the text messages would appear were shifted.
- Any recent changes to the environment (new plugins/modules, updates, configuration changes etc.) - none
- Any recent changes to the browser you're using (new extensions, updates etc.) - none.
Thu, 07/09/2020 - 10:55
Hi Khew!This can be done, but
This can be done, but not without changing the source code (adding that feature).
Thu, 07/09/2020 - 11:51
Yikes!! As I'm no programmer,
Yikes!! As I'm no programmer, looks like will have to wait a bit, eh? ;)
Thanks for the positive news, anyway!
Thu, 07/09/2020 - 19:00
Hi Khew!Not sure if anyone is
Not sure if anyone is going to include that feature on his/her own if nobody takes the initiative. There's only so much the H5P core team can do, and people should feel free to improve the code of H5P. It's open source software, and even if you cannot code, you could start a crowd-funding campaign to hire someone, etc.
Sat, 07/11/2020 - 06:54
Thanks for the suggestion,
Thanks for the suggestion, Oliver.
What does a programmer need to be familiar with for H5P?
Mon, 07/13/2020 - 13:38
Mon, 07/13/2020 - 15:07
Since you are using Moodle, what you want is easily achieved by creating a Moodle quiz consisting of Moodle questions. Is there any specific reason why you would like to use H5P MCQ questions instead of Moodle ones?
Tue, 07/14/2020 - 04:15
Hi,Thanks for your suggestion
Thanks for your suggestion on this. It is true that using Moodle quiz itself may be able to solve this. However, as I'm trying to make lessons to quiz, back to lessons or videos, as seemless as possible, I find that using H5P's Presentation mode achieves this way of approach to elearning better. :)